[stella] J. Grand PCB help--I'm an idiot

Subject: [stella] J. Grand PCB help--I'm an idiot
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:54:09 -0500
I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything here, because
I've tried building a couple of carts and it isn't working.  When I
insert the PCB, the Atari acts as if it's got nothing in the cartridge
slot.

So here's the first question.

If I have the PCB facing me, with the narrow (cartridge slot) end at the
bottom, and the side that says "Rev A<cr>J. Grand 2001" facing me (and the
writing therefore on the left side), then I should just drop a 2732 into
the upper socket, with pin 1 at the upper right, and a 7404 into the
lower socket, again with pin 1 at the upper right, correct?

And then when I plug it into the Atari, the chips should be facing the
ceiling.  Is that correct?

Because if so, it ain't working.  Am I missing something really obvious?

Adam