Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Return of the Crosshair

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Return of the Crosshair
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:20:05 +0200
Hi Kirk!

>Heh, if you need a big symmetrical empire baddy, how
>about Death Stars? (Or is that what the circles are
suposed
>to me? Or maybe they'll look too much like the circles
>anyway...)

The Death Star would be a bit too big and it'd be
unrealistic to just shoot it :-)

The circles are both enemy shots and comets. Maybe I'll
try doing extra comet shapes, but right now they share
the same data.

>Maybe Darth Vaders TIE?
>
>/  _  \
>|=|O|=|
>\  -  /
>
>with the bentin wings

Would be a good idea, but I was thinking about rather
doing 'Slave I'. Maybe. All enemy object data must to
fit in a single page, so I'll see how everything works
out.

>I'm not very familiar with the original arcade game,
>so I don't know if either of these ideas make sense
>in context.

The original arcade game only has Ties and the
mothership. The 8-Bit ports (Atari/C64) already
introduced the comets.

Though it is no official Star Wars game, it was heavily
inspired by the movie. I asked David Rolfe about it in
the interview on my Epyx Shrine.

I'm trying to be faithful to the arcade game, but I'll
take the freedom to interpret the game in ways of
possible improvements or in just making it fit to the
target.

If you check all the aspects where gunfight differs from
the arcade, you'll get the idea :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel