Re: vcs.h (Re: [stella] redline problem OK...THANKS!!!!)

Subject: Re: vcs.h (Re: [stella] redline problem OK...THANKS!!!!)
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:52:37 -0400
On Tuesday 09 July 2002 11:42 am, Maxime Beauvais wrote:
> Where can I find the laster version of vcs.h[...]?

The one I use is the one from Dark Mage.  The header file is available at
http://www.io.com/~nickb/atari/doc/vcs.h.  The only equate I needed that was
missing was SWACNT ($281).

However, back in late November 2001, we were discussing having one standard
vcs.h for use in all new projects (not a requirement, but strongly
encouraged).  We got pretty far - the header had several more equates and
constants - but no decision was made as to its final form or where it would
reside.

Check out the threads "VCS.H standardization" and "VCSC.H version 1.0",
though either The Dig or the Biglist interface itself.

The company I work for actually helps develop standards.  (I'm not in that
department - don't get any ideas.  :) )  Part of the process is to submit a
draft to a body of relevant people, have them answer ballots as to whether or
not they approve, and provide comments as they see fit.  Could this model
work for us?  Or can we reach a consensus without a formal process?