Re: vcs.h (was: Re: [stella] redline problem OK...THANKS!!!!)

Subject: Re: vcs.h (was: Re: [stella] redline problem OK...THANKS!!!!)
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11 Jul 2002 13:05:11 -0000
> > As long as we're offtopic...what do people think of this
> > list relative to, say, the message boards on atariage.com?
>
> This list is AWESOME!  Most of the folks on this list are Grade A Genius'es.
>
> But Atari Age is much more Newbie friendly,  I feel safe asking Newbie
> questions there without wasting the time of the really advanced folks on
> this list.
>
> Each list has it's place. :-)

Sure...and I've noticed some of the same names on both.
I guess I had enough chutzpah to "ask the experts" here
even early on when I was still making stupid, stupid mistakes.
Though maybe I should put a reference to the atariage list
in "2600 101" along with the ref to stella.  Any others?

I think one issue is newbies who think atari programming -
or programming in general - is basically easy. That's why
I started out 2600 101 the way I did.  Most people who try
atari as their first programming task are in for a world
of hurt, or at least frustration. (I mean, I was scared of
it for years, despite have a great deal of higher level
programming under my belt.

Re: the ongoing canonical VCS.H discussion...do people think
it should be the full reference kind of thing, detailing the
"arguments" each instruction takes, or something simpler?

"My favorite is The Invisible Man, because in great scene Invisible Man
 eats large bowl of cookies.  All you see are cookies.  No distractions.
 Me like that."--Cookie Monster, asked to name Favorite Movie Monster