Re: [stella] Marble Craze almost complete

Subject: Re: [stella] Marble Craze almost complete
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:06:52 +0200
Paul wrote:
>I'm just about done now.

Looks really great!
Not only the game itself, but also the size of the ROM. Now I
must make a 64K game to get my record for the largest 2600
homebrew back. :-) Or maybe I should go for the smallest one
now...

> may still try to find a way to do the center indicators, but
> I haven't figured out a way that I'm happy with yet.

Maybe you could just change e.g. the vertical position of the
horzontal indicator be one or two lines when it's centered.

> Some of the new stuff:
>- now has 9 levels

I'm afraid, I'll never see them all. ;-)

>- Added sound effects including "time almost up" sound

That's working really nice now.

>- Friction (although it doesn't make it much easier!)

You are right. I still stink at the game on z26. :-(

>- Pause (press any paddle button)

That's a very good feature. Now I can press the button just
before I loose another live and hope some miracle might save
me. :-)

>- Extra life every 1000 pts

I would need one every 10 points to get through. :-D

> My high score is 1330.

Hah, I'll hack the game, so I can beat you! :-)

BTW: The death animation (including sound) is also new and
works very good.

Have fun!
Thomas