Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Star Background

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Star Background
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 20:54:18 +1000
Most impressive, Manuel :)
I've had a brief peek at the code - don't understand it yet, but here's a
couple of things...

    BPL DontSwap            ; Y: All right!
    BPL DontSwap            ; Y: All right!

You have a duplicate line in Flickersort

; Two lines *wasted* with repositioning...
    DEC vline
    DEC vline

Consider instead

    dey
    dey
    sty vline

The latter takes 7 cycles.  Your current version takes 10 cycles.
Same # bytes, of course.

Anyway, an interesting kernal.  Keep up the good work!
Cheers