Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Breakthrough!!!

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Breakthrough!!!
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:36:22 +0200
Hi Clay!

>Very cool!

Thanks!

>But... (at the risk of seeming nitpicky :) )... since the stars are
>rock-solid, but everything else flickers, the background almost comes across
>as being in front of the foreground objects.

Ah, well. That's done on purpose. You must know, that the ships
computers npwadays keep track of your surroundings and merge them into
the HUD of your cockpit. During heavy space combat you wouldn't like to
collide with some surprise Asteroid, or?

Same goes for the crosshair, for better aiming it always shines through.

:-)

-> No for real, I certainly can't do anything about this, except trying
to reduce flicker situations as good as possible.

Greetings,
	Manuel