[stella] TIA Hardware Projects?

Subject: [stella] TIA Hardware Projects?
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:54:52 -0400
Just out of curiosity, anyone know what TIA hardware projects are going on right now? I've heard mention of people doing everything from recreating the TIA screen from an old model for a school project to [what I believe are just pipe dreams] of having a 2600 on a [single] chip.

Are any of these coming close to fruition? Is anyone other than the fellow who chops full-sized 2600's (http://www.classicgaming.com/vcsp/) planning on making something like this?

Seems like the TV Boy is being made with new components, but someone had mentioned that they might not play every game just right.

I also googled up a story I'd missed at Slashdot that says we're in for a self-contained system from "JAKKS" that will have 10 Atari games in it that hooks up to your TV. What's this thing using for a TIA? Didn't see much at the site; think it's vaporware (for now)?

Thanks,

Ruffin Bailey
http://myfreakinname.blogspot.com