Re: [stella] Improved Interlace demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Improved Interlace demo
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:08:29 -0700
Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> Definately not before John returns from his vacation in a couple of
> days. Then he'll let you know how much money you'd have to transfer
> to the "z26 requested features fund" account so that he can pay off
> his holidays and spend his free time on z26 again. ;-)

Yeah, if we could get him to implement the feature *and* pay for my
vacation, that would be great.  After all, Thomas already knows how much fun
it is to work on z26.  ;-)

> I guess we could add a command line switch that allows you to display
> the odd frames in the odd scanlines in mode 6. But that probably
> wouldn't look quite right, as the flicker would be much worse on a
> real TV. Also you wouldn't know if you are really doing a proper
> interlace signal that the TV would accept.

Well there's always mode 7 or mode 9.  That might work a little better.

> To add an autodetection feature for interlace, we would have to know
> exactly when a "half line" causes the interlace to occur and when it
> just creates PAL colour-loss. But that might be different on didfferent
> TVs, like the number of lines it can display before the picture rolls.

I wouldn't worry too much about auto-detection right now.  My only question
is do we stop what we're doing to do this, or do we wait until we're
finished with what we've started?

John