[stella] Stella emulator and difficulty switches

Subject: [stella] Stella emulator and difficulty switches
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:23:20 -0400
Has anyone found that the difficulty switch indicators in Stella 1.2 (at
least for Linux) are backwards?

I noticed this while trying out 1.2 for the first time on Euchre.  If the
left difficulty switch is set to A, the "stick-the-dealer" rule is active.  I
was a bit confused when I pressed F6 and "LEFT DIFFICULTY B" appeared on the
screen, then pressed F5 to see "LEFT DIFFICULTY A".  I assumed that the keys
got switched between versions 1.1 and 1.2.  Then I noticed that after I
pressed F5, the dealer was able to pass twice to throw in the hand.

I confirmed this with Space Invaders.  I attached two screen shots to show
this behavior.  The first, sinv1, shows LEFT DIFFICULTY B with a wide tank;
sinv2 shows LEFT DIFFICULTY A with a normal-size tank.

I am glad to see this feature added anyway!  It's nice to get a visual cue.