Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)

Subject: Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:27:54 +0200
Manuel wrote:
>- It's damn cool how the enemies can team-up to *revive*
>one of their colleagues. What I not like though, is that
>a disabled enemy is still an obstacle for the player.
>you should be able to just pass it.

It is the same as in the original game and it's a situation the
player can avoid. But maybe I can add some (limited) upgrades
that help you escaping in such situations.

>Or is it, that the enemies can always hit other enemies,
>ignoring the shield completely?

Exactly. Their own weapons go through their shields.

>- I'd love to be able to move way quicker than the
>enemies. At least 2 times, maybe even 4. Maybe you could
>implement that as variants or make this some kind of
>*extra*?

If you are to fast related to the tanks, the game becomes to
easy. I'm planning to start with about 2:1 and decrease the
advantage step by step downto 1:1.

>- In Slot Racer the shots don't disappear after hitting
>a wall, but keep moving around the corners for a while.
>Maybe yet another variant?

Hm, that would require that the shots have some AI too. I don't
know if I will implement that.

Have fun!
Thomas