[stella] Kernel help #2

Subject: [stella] Kernel help #2
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:34:42 -0400
I originally sent this yesterday but it hasn't shown up on the list yet. Probably because I did a bcc to myself.

Anyway I have a kernel that I am having some timing problems and I need help. I have been looking into porting Climber5 from the 400/800 to the 2600. I have been using Piero Cavina's kernel from his MultiSprite Demo (http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/199704/msg00015.html). I thought it would work perfectly for this game. The problems I have ran into were I wanted to have single line resolution, I wanted to animate my main player (GRP0) with ~4 frames of animation, and I didn't want to pad the player with zeroes because I thought it would waste ROM bytes.

I have got the kernel sort of working but I'm running into time issues on the scanline where I position the player.

I'm using a jsr after the critical code is done but this pushes me over the 72 cycle limit when I position the player.

Can someone help me with this please :) I also want to put my PF updates back in to eventually.

Again, if this shows up twice I apologize.