Re: [stella] 2600onachip: sorry about the question of Cosmic Ark stars

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600onachip: sorry about the question of Cosmic Ark stars
From: "Carlos Lopez" <carlosflr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:22:13 -0500
I tested Gi Joe and it looks messed up like in the first picture John. But
don't worry, thanks to an old post of Eckhard Stolberg
(http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/199705/msg00024.html) I  was
able to perform some tests in order to have a better comprehension of the
motion registers operation. The problem is that I didn't implement the
motion registers exactly as in the original TIA, because it isn't a fully
synchronous design. I made some assumptions but now I am fixing the problem.

If you want to take a look at my simplified schematics of the motion
registers, you can download them from here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~2600onachip/simulation/motion_registers_schematic
s.pdf

I made a simulation in ModelSim that shows the mechanism that generates
Cosmic Ark stars. The plot of this simulation is in:
http://www.mindspring.com/~2600onachip/simulation/motion_registers_simulatio
n.pdf

Probably you all know how this works, but if anyone needs an explanation
please let me know.

Carlos Lopez