Re: [stella] Skeleton - complete

Subject: Re: [stella] Skeleton - complete
From: "Eric Ball" <eball@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:48:46 -0400
Clay Halliwell wrote:
> Is there any way to add a simple pointer toward the skeleton? With just
that volume-cued buzzing to go by, it's almost impossible to effectively
track the skeleton down.

That's part of the challenge.  Try turning around, there is a significant
difference in volume between ahead & behind.  I still haven't heard from
anyone with a stereo VCS how well that works.

Still, I might be able to add a pointer.  I'll add it to my list of
potential enhancements when I get the PAL version done.  Hmm, the ball
isn't doing anything.  Maybe if I fiddle with the position & size....
(think, think think...)

> Also, any way to finagle the kernel so there's some perspective to the
maze?

Right now the kernel is based on the maze walls using 4 playfield pixels
stored in lookup tables.  In order to make the closer walls bigger the
kernel would have to lookup & update multiple PF registers each line, and
there just isn't cycles & ROM space for that.  Really, the difference
wouldn't be that significant, and would have zero impact on the game.