Re: Robot City v0.21 (was Re: [stella] Robot City v0.18)

Subject: Re: Robot City v0.21 (was Re: [stella] Robot City v0.18)
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:38:12 -0700
At 09:16 PM 9/15/2002 +0200, you wrote:
Glenn Saunders wrote:

>This is the first time I've played it on a real 2600 and for
>some reason collision between the helicopter's missiles and
>the tanks isn't working. The missiles just pass through
>without affecting the tanks. Is this intentional??

Hmm, on z26 it works perfect. Did you hit the tanks in the
back?

I can hit them from the back, yes, but if the shields are supposed to absorb shots then the shot should stop at the shields. For me it goes straight through the tanks as if there is no collision detection at all which looks a little weird.

I also have to agree with the other posters that the way the game is now, it's too hard. When you get cornered with tanks coming at you from both ends it's impossible to shoot your way out of it because both tanks are going to be facing you.

The gameplay is just out of balance right now. If the shields took hits and deteriorated, I think it would help a lot. Them being impervious from the front is too much of an advantage for them.

Or if there was some way for the helicopter to jump its way out of danger, hopping over tanks, drop mines or something, that would also help. I realize that's hard to do with only one fire button...