[stella] OT: Stella List Hiatus

Subject: [stella] OT: Stella List Hiatus
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:49:00 -0500
Well, I'm getting away from Atari 2600 programming for a while and I'm having a hard time keeping up with the e-mails, so I'm going to unsubscribe in the next few days. I do want to keep up with everyone's 2600 projects, but I'm always on Atariage and they tend to provides a lite version of most Stella-list goings ons.

And I will be doing the 2600 music projects I've discussed. I'm still doing some 2600 programming, but it has become secondary to my newer projects.

My new stuff still involves programming vintage systems, but I'm going back to doing projects like the Synthcart but for other platforms. Right now I'm rewriting the firmware for an Epson LQ-500 (1989) dot matrix printer to turn it into a musical instrument. It's a NEC 7810 processor which is *really* different from 6502. It has a huge instruction set and a ton of onboard stuff. After this project, I'm going to be moving on to some C64 work. I'll be posting some updates on my projects in the "Classic Gaming General" section of Atariage and documenting my progress on my website if anyone's interested.

This list has been so much help to me and I'm really glad it's here. I'll be back as soon as I get another 2600 project going!

-Paul
http://www.mindspring.com/~paul-slocum/