Re: [stella] Is the FAQ being maintained?

Subject: Re: [stella] Is the FAQ being maintained?
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:58:38 -0400
On Thursday 10 October 2002 17:25, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:
> >Can anyone recommend some freeware for creating PDF files?
> I only know Doc2PDF which converts MS Word files into PDF.

Ghostscript will make PDF's out of Postscript files, which you can create
easily by installing the Apple Laserwriter printer driver and setting it to
use port FILE:.

But if you have both Ghostscript and OpenOffice installed, you can generate
PDF's directly from your Word/Excel/PPT/whatever documents.  This is my
preferred way of making PDF's these days.  I'm told there are some DOC files
that give OpenOffice problems, but I haven't found one yet.

I use both under Linux but they work fine under Windows too. Both are free and
GPL.  http://www.ghostscript.com and http://www.openoffice.org if I remember
correctly.

Rob