[stella] new PAL & NTSC versions of Skeleton

Subject: [stella] new PAL & NTSC versions of Skeleton
From: "Eric Ball" <eball@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:53:17 -0400
This will hopefully be the final version of Skeleton.  I have completed the
PAL version and added a Skeleton direction indicator to both version.  But
I need testers to ensure there aren't any bugs lurking in the corners.

Both versions:
Let me know if the screen rolls at any time.  I've checked the static
screens, but I haven't cycle counted the VBLANK interval to make sure I'm
not exceeding it.

PAL version:
1. Colour.  The screens are 312 lines total (228 active), but the colours
shown by Z26 don't match NTSC.  The death flash seems to work though...
2. Timing.  The skeleton should start moving at 1 step/second, and smoothly
accelerated by 1 step/second every 2 minutes.  (e.g. 2 steps/second after 2
minutes, 3 steps/second after 4 minutes).  My tests with Z26 seem to
indicate that the skeleton is accelerating faster than this.

I'm not considering making any more enhancements at the moment.  Although
there is some space left, each change is requiring a lot more effort to
squeeze in.

(See attached file: skeleton.zip)

I have also included the stella profile for both versions.

PS I will be working with both AtariAge & Hozer Video to make actual
cartridges available.