[stella] About the FAQ

Subject: [stella] About the FAQ
From: "Mark Graybill" <saundby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:13:13 -0700
The formatting on the FAQ is still considerably less than perfect, you'll find. This is mostly due to it being edited on a PeeCee on which I don't bother to get the tools set up to do what I want them to do since I don't normally do my writing here. I'll be moving the FAQ over to my Unix box where I can manage such things easily before I finish with it, and I'll be able to produce well formatted text there--the PC just seems to hate ordinary text unless I get out of Windows entirely (and Notepad has the stupid filesize limitation.) No, I do not want advice on how to make Windows do what I want. The more I avoid working with it, the happier I am.

I've added some actual information, and I tried to get the important bits of the time wasting thread in there from the past few days. I got less info added overall than I would have liked, but a lot of my time got spent trying to chase down parts for work rather than getting my work done at its normal pace so that I'd have some spare time to spend on the FAQ. I hate dealing with suppliers. I tried one of Doctor McCoy's lines out, but it didn't work:

"Dammit Jim, I'm an engineer, not a purchasing agent!"

And you'd think you'd asked for the distributor rep's firstborn when you try to get a few samples out of them so that you can see if you want to buy a few ten thousands of the parts. Sheesh.

Anyway, let me know if there are any problems with what's there. At present I'm not especially interested in hearing about what's not there unless it's an oversight in one of the sections I added to, in which case let me know so that I can fix it.

Thanks, all!

-Mark G.