RE: [stella] Space Instigators - Final/Final

Subject: RE: [stella] Space Instigators - Final/Final
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:08:33 -0400
>Let me add that in z26 the ship doesn't show up in exploded state when you
>start up.  One thing I did notice though is when you get an extra cannon
>the graphic for it looks kinda mangled.

Nice catch, thanks!

For the record it was an optimisation problem, 'd changed:

lda #0
sta GRP0
sta GRP1  ;To turn off sprites after displaying ships left

iny
sty GRP0
sty GRP1

Where Y was previously used in a loop that terminated with it's value as #$ff. While freeing up a byte of ROM it also dropped a cycle count so the sty GRP0 was occuring 1 cycle too soon and cutting off the bottom right corner pixel. Changing this to:

iny
sty GRP1
sty GRP0

Fixed the problem.