Re: [stella] latest Star Fire

Subject: Re: [stella] latest Star Fire
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:51:19 +0200
Hi Chris!

>> I compiled two versions, one with (Skip2) and one
>> without (skip1) the fast skipping.
>>
>> Could you eventually try'n'test both of these again?

>Done.  But they both look rock solid.  Hmmm....

Fine :-)

> I'm attaching the star.bin that crashes...maybe it's
> an old version?

I think what happened here was that I overlooked some
"Branch out of reach" myself this time. (Damn DASM, why
does it compile a working 4K in this case!) I wonder why
it works on the emulators though. Maybe their "Branch
out of reach" is one byte more tolerant than a real
6507?!?

> To avoid confusion, it might help if you put a version
> number in the filename, like star01.bin, star02.bin,
> etc...

Hm... the name is created by Textpad, I don't do
anything to it :-)

> It looks ok.  Does it actually do anything now?  It
> just seems to move up and down (grow and shrink)
> randomly.

At the moment it's just backed by a counter. I'll start
implementing any real game logic next week, when
hopefully all visual stuff is done.

Greetings,
	Manuel