Re: [stella] New to Atari 2600 programming

Subject: Re: [stella] New to Atari 2600 programming
From: "Paul Slocum" <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:05:37 -0500

>I'm pretty new to Atari 2600 programming and was wondering if there was a code that shows how to place alphanumerical characters on the screen. Or, should I take the "score display code" and extend it to include all the letters as well?

There's also David Crane's 12 character flickery routine from Basic Programming and Stellar Track, although I think the flicker is pretty tolerable the way it's done. I used it for a bunch of my projects. You might talk to Thomas if you want to use this since he has an optimized version that allows more lines on the screen.

-Paul