Re: [stella] Climber5 prototype...comments???

Subject: Re: [stella] Climber5 prototype...comments???
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:29:54 +0100
Hi Dennis!

> Give this a try and see what you think so far.

After playing a few rounds, I've some comments for you:

I think it's unfair, that there's an obstacle on the top
section too. You have to wait until it moves away and
then get in position again, before it reaches the right
end. At least it shouldn't kill you, as long as it's not
moving. Or you should shift the *finishing* dot a little
to the right.

I got the impression that not only the obstacle, but the
players speed too increases on level 2, is that
intentional?

I attached a screenshot where I was killed - with _no_
chance to escape!

Other than that, the game reminds me a little of another
title in the 2600 library called "Challenge". Though so
far I like your variant better.

Then there's that particular "Jumpman" level, which has
almost the same obstacles, maybe if you could add some
bombs to collect and adopt the layout a little... :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel