Re: [stella] Mac editors

Subject: Re: [stella] Mac editors
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:25:06 -0500
On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 07:37 PM, The Gonz wrote:

What do you Mac users use to enter code? I've used Simpletext so far, but I'm afraid of it running out of memory down the road (unless you can allocate more memory for it; I never checked on this).

Can anyone recommend a good editor for the Mac besides Simpletext?

BBEdit Lite is a good choice, as suggested. Alpha is a great one for Classic as well. You can also most certainly give SimpleText more memory. Just try an Apple-I and set the memory information.

If you're using OS X, VIm is a great choice.

Of course it all depends on what you're using to compile. If you're using ye olde Mactari Tools in Classic to compile, you'll probably want to use MPW to edit as well, just to keep it all in one place. That's what I've used to create the shabby demos I've managed to post to the list.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any URLs, etc.

Ruffin Bailey
http://myfreakinname.blogspot.com