Re: [stella] Revolutionary Horizontal position discovered!

Subject: Re: [stella] Revolutionary Horizontal position discovered!
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 07:11:53 +0100
Hi Dennis!

> Thank you Manuel, this works!! Once I get the kinks
> out you would have saved me 7 bytes of RAM!!!

Cool!

> I removed the tay from the routine during the kernal
> and it seems to work fine without those 2 cycles. It
> seems I just need to adjust my XMIN and XMAX values
> for the routine.

Ah, so then it's quick enough for a line. Do you get a
whole range with 160 different positions out of it now?

The add/sub stuff on entry of the routine seems to fix
some troubles with early RESPX. This obviously works for
Battlezone, but I don't now what range they're feeding
it, maybe it's shifted, let's say they might feed it
with values from 8-167 or so...

Oh, wait. With constant black HMOVE lines you should
lose 8 pixels at the left anyway, so the range might be
8-159.

Just a few guessings, at the moment I'm not in the mood
to further investige that myself.

Greetings,
	Manuel