Re: [stella] [POLL]What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [POLL]What is everybody working on?
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:52:58 +0100
Hi Glenn!

>At 08:13 AM 11/5/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>>in series and I hope to be able to achieve a never
>>before seen depth of gameplay for 2600 adventure/rpg
>>games.

>Hmm, what ROM size are you going to go with?

I think it should fit in 8K. Maybe even 4K.

All gameplay in Sword of Fargoal is generated on the
fly, you get new mazes & challenges everytime you play,
so no ROM is needed to store maps or something like
that. The maps are played screen by screen - no
scrolling, so I'll most likely come up with visuals
similar to "Maze Craze", only I think I'll not use PF0.

That is, if I manage to live with 128 bytes RAM. When I
see that there's no chance at all to do it like that, I
might as well do 32K and pre-generate some hundred maps.

Greetings,
	Manuel