Re: [stella] [POLL]What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [POLL]What is everybody working on?
From: Billy Eno <ceno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 21:54:05 -0600

I have been actively avoiding all things Atari to recharge a little bit, but I just started to read the list again.

As for Sniper, it has been on hold for a long time. I am thinking of incorporating it into my upcoming game called "Tree Hugger." Tree Hugger is a multi-screen game with different extremely un-PC (politically correct) goals. So, Sniper will probably be converted to "Whale Sport," the first-person harpooning screen. :>

I will be posting some demos of the first screen, "Pave the Greenbelt," in a week or two.

Cheers!
Billy

Manuel Polik wrote:

Hi there!

It's been a long time, since I did that last time.

But right now a certain curiosity hit me :-)

First:

There' a few active projects here right now, that get regular updates, but there's a bunch of others I'd just like to know their current status:

Here's a selection of dead(?) projects grabbed from Atari Age:

A-VCS-tec Challenge
Cyclostar
Laseresal 2002
Poker Squares
Radial Pong
Rainbow Invaders
Sniper
The Ravenous Dead

Or am I wrong on any?

Then there was these cool demos called "plane" posted to the list from Gonzalo Fernández a while ago. Any progress here?

Second:

As said in the title, I'd like to know what else is cooking, please report!

I'll volunteer to start:

My next project after Star Fire will be a port of "Sword of Fargoal". I already started porting it to 5200BAS, but the final target will certainly be the 2600. I'm planing on using both a keypad and a joystick controler combined for it and I hope to get all features of the original transfered. While technically not setting new standarts, I didn't want to do the third kill-o-zap game in series and I hope to be able to achieve a never before seen depth of gameplay for 2600 adventure/rpg games.

Now tell me yours! :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/