Re: [stella] Star Fire: Meteor Dance!

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire: Meteor Dance!
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:16:16 +0100
Manuel wrote:
>lda song1,x
>
>when x is granted zero - costing a complete cycle :-)

Damn, I missed that! ;-) (and in my latest optimization I can
optimize away one more byte!)

>Other things are more conceptional, I think. I'd assume
>for example that variable pattern sizes would both
>simplify the driver and it's usage - at the cost of
>another RAM byte or two, but... :-)

Conceptional changes are up to Paul. But everybody can make
suggestions. I had a few, and some already made it into his
driver. :-)

>Hehe, maybe I should make them switchable with one of
>the difficulty switches? ;-)

If you are finished and have space left, why not?

>Cool! One little suggestion: In the white bar scrolling
>*through* the others, could you possibly eliminate the
>"black" scannline? :-)

Hm, is that really a problem? Or are you just kidding? ;-)

>Do you want some comments on the current game state as
>well or is that WIP?

I haven't changed anything (except the added title screen)
since the last version I posted here. Therefore I didn't expect
any new comments. And of course, it's still very much WIP. But
if you have something new you want to discuss here, go on.

Have fun!
Thomas