Re: [stella] PAL/NTSC Auto-Detect (Needs testing on PAL)

Subject: Re: [stella] PAL/NTSC Auto-Detect (Needs testing on PAL)
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:54:06 -0500
Paul wrote:

>I'll try it on my PAL Jr. later, but I think the big test will be to try it on a PAL woodgrain or other older model.  And you may know this, but there are NTSC Jr. models that the Kool Aid Man score code doesn't work on.  I would estimate that one in three 2600 Jr's have that problem, but that's based on a VERY small sample.  I could be way off.

Ugh, not good since it would lead to false PAL detections on those Jr's. Would have to include an over-ride switch (or may even be a serious enough problem to abandon this technique altogether...)

I have a couple Jrs around somewhere, I'll dig 'them out and see if any exhibit the PAL-like behaviour. Maybe there's a "compromise"...

Chris...