Re: [stella] Star Fire: Meteor Dance 2!

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire: Meteor Dance 2!
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:02:41 +0100
Hi Dennis,

>> I just finished doing it this way.

>Just in time for my birthday :)

Best wishes from bavaria then! :-)

> I'm going to have to see if I can connect my CC again.
> I find it a little difficult to play in Z26 with the
> flicker.

I hope it's better then.

> Are the diamonds cycling? It seems that when I shot a
> meteor and miss the diamond, it will show up again.

Hm... it should be like this:

You hit a meteor of any size, this'll result in a small
diamond. This diamond is traveling on the xy-path of the
meteor and flying towards you on the z-axis. When it
reached its maximum size, you should have it still
centered in the crosshair to collect it (which'd
noticable increase the shield), otherwize it'll
disappear.

When a diamond disappears, regardless wether you catched
it or not, a new meteor is launched.

Maybe you accidently hit a second or third meteor, so
there was more than one diamond flying around?

> The meteor count sounds good. Having them fly until
> there are no more would make a nice transition.

Ok, I prefer that solution at the moment too.

Greetings,
	Manuel