Re: [stella] RIOT RAM test

Subject: Re: [stella] RIOT RAM test
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:46:35 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Manuel Polik wrote:

> > Maybe eventually a BRK will be executed, but that
> > will execute the RAM initialization code that every
> > game has, so it should run the "normal" game.
>
> Hey! Wow! Is that true? I ran into that on accident more
> then once. I even thought about just using
>
> 	BRK
>
> instead of some
>
> 	JMP Reset

The BRK and RESET vectors are at different addresses.  RESET is
at $FFFC:FFFD and the BRK is at $FFFE:FFFF.  So if you aren't using
the last two bytes of ROM for data, etc, you can make them equal to
the RESET vector and use the BRK as a software RESET.  Just remember
that the BRK uses the stack (I think).

-Chris