Re: [stella] stella list

Subject: Re: [stella] stella list
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:10:02 +0100
Hello Russ, (message sent to the list and directly to Russ)

> I'm not sure what you mean there...  They're appearing in your inbox
> backwards?  Over how long a period.

It happened at least twice (25th and 31st october). What happened was
that I got several messages that appeared to be sent only a fraction
of a second apart. Replies seemed to be sent just before the original
message. At first I thought there was a problem with my mail account,
so that Stella list couldn't send the messages, queued them up, and
then resend them in the wrong oder at a later time. But since there
were other people, like Chris Wilkson, who also experienced this
behaviour, maybe there was/is something wrong with the list software.

> As I suspected, and Ronen confirmed, it was because one was sent from an
> email address other than the one he signed up as a list member with --
> and I didn't get to the approval queue until today, when I approved his
> note.
>
> I'm hoping that's what it is...
>
> If you guys still notice duplicate posts, and without different sending
> addresses, let me know directly.

There must be another reason too this. For example the messages
that Eirc Ball posted on 30th november reappeared in my inbox on
the 3rd december too. The same is true for some messages by Manuel
and Denis from the same date.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg