Re: [stella] The mother of all bankswitching trickery :-)

Subject: Re: [stella] The mother of all bankswitching trickery :-)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 14:45:48 +0100
Manuel wrote:
>Executing in Z26 as is provides the log as I posted
>yesterday:
>
>f000: ad f8 ff lda  fff8
>f003: 4c 96 bc jmp  bc96
>bc96: 78       sei

I think you are confused by f003 here, right?

But how should the emulator know, what RORG the new bank is
based on? So z26 just continues logging with the old bank
segment (fxxx) until a jump happens and then assumes the new
bank segment (bxxx). If you would write e.g. JMP $1c96 instead,
z26 would log that.

>Now I needed 3 bytes for a STA WSYNC, Replacing the JMP
>in the second bank with STA WSYNC:
>
>; Second bank
>       ORG $2000
>       RORG $F000
>
>       LDA    $FFF8   ;4
>       STA    WSYNC   ;3

Hm, STA WSYNC only needs TWO(!) bytes. Maybe that's your
problem? ;-)

The whole following code might got shifted by one byte.

Have fun!
Thomas