Re: [stella] Annual suggestions for improving Z26 :-)

Subject: Re: [stella] Annual suggestions for improving Z26 :-)
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:37:48 -0800
Manuel Polik wrote:

> I know Eckhard and John will probably kill me for
> suggestion more features for Z26 right now :-), but it's
> only two and probably very simple!
> (And I have to post them now, before I forget :-))

Just so you know...

It'll probably be a while before there are any new features in z26.  Nothing
new until the 32-bit version is done.  At least that's my feeling about it.
Where it stands is that I spent the summer converting the assembly code to
32-bits.  It compiles as a Windows console application and can generate log
files and PCX files.  At the end of the summer I went on vacation from z26
until maybe mid-January.  Then we'll try to hook up the code to video, sound
and controllers.  Unless Eckhard has been busy and not telling me about it.
;-)  I think we're probably going to use the SDL library for that stuff.  It
looks a lot easier than trying to do Direct-X code by hand.

Anybody had any good/bad experiences with SDL?

John