RE: [stella] FE Bankswitching

Subject: RE: [stella] FE Bankswitching
From: Dan Boris <dboris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:51:46 -0500
This was posted to the list a couple days ago:

Not quite. ;-) In FE bankswitching A13 is used to identify the
two banks. Since this line isn't brought out of the 6507, the
FE bankswitching logic waits for two consecutive accesses to
this stack. Only JSR/RTS (and BRK/RTI) can do that. At the second
access the high byte of the return address is either pushed onto
or pulled from the stack. This is where the bankswitching logic
finds out which bank need to be mapped in.