Re: [stella] ROM image classifications

Subject: Re: [stella] ROM image classifications
From: "Mickey Mouse" <snafles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:20:46 -0500
Why not create a new file format, which includes the information along
with the ROM data? That way no centralized authority is required to maintain
or track data as people come up with new homebrews/ hacks/ conversions/
versions/ etc...

The file should contain all the information in the current stella.pro, and
be extensible. All it would take for the new format to 'catch' would be for
the 3 biggest emulators to support it, and a set of free tools for
manipulating it.

Thoughts?

I agree, I recently finished a Cartridge Emulator that has a serial interface. All you do is download the file...done. I created a new file (*.vin). It has a header with cart name, size, and bankswitch type, then the orginal bin. Works great. Of course emulation support would require more info.

Vern