Re: [stella] Mortal Kurling!

Subject: Re: [stella] Mortal Kurling!
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:12:16 -0500
>I'm not sure what shearing means in this context, but if you are
>trying to describe the fact that some scanlines of the main sprite
>get doubled while others vanish,

No, no, that occurs because it's adding/dropping an extra scanline before/after the background scroll (it's not quite seamlesly integrated yet).

I'm talking about a real shearing effect as you move the "ship" (which is the ball) vertically. I'm running z26 in -v9 (Display #scanlines - a true godsend!) and now switching modes, it doesn't exhibit this behaviour. Only in -v9 mode. It kinda looks like it's moving every 2nd bit every other frame (ie: Moving bit 0,2,4 on frame A and bit 1,3,5 on frame B). It only occurs with vertical movement, only in -v9 and (maybe) only the ball (not 100% sure on that last one, I'd have to test but I haven't seen it on anything else...)

Maybe it's just that resolution on my system?

Chris...