Re: [stella] PAL roms for testing purposes

Subject: Re: [stella] PAL roms for testing purposes
From: "Matthias Hartl" <maze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:48:00 +0100
| There are a bunch.  Just use search and set the region to Europe.

Honestly, I haven't tested all ROMs of which Atariage claims they are PAL
versions. In order to determine if my console produces correct colors, I
needed some games I know very well, like Pac-Man or Moon Patrol. If you'd
download Pac-Man PAL from Atariage you will get Pac-Man NTSC. The same
accounts for Defender. Ofcourse, it doesn't matter if you were using an
emulator but running it on real hardware does make a difference. After this
disappointment, I didn't make the effort to check further rom images from
Atariage ... Maybe someone at Atariage will be fixing this "bug" in the near
future. The Atari 2600 jr. PAL schematics are faulty too and I've already
mailed them 2 times without any reaction. This is indeed somehow sad :-((

With kind regards,
Matthias Hartl