Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors

Subject: Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors
From: "Albert Yarusso" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 01:30:29 -0600
Hi Mark,

> I do not see any prices listed there for what a game would cost if listed
> in the store without royalty(assuming that royalty is just added on top).
> I understand that this will vary depending on the options used, and cart
> type.  Could you give some estimates?
>
> Perhaps on a homebrew 2/4K?
> With an 8 page manual?
>
> Looking at the store implies this would be about $20.  Is this a correct
> assessment?

For games sold in our store, the price for 2/4K is $15 before a royalty is
paid.  Virtually all the games and hacks we have in our store we are paying
a royalty of some kind, including several games that Randy was not paying
royalties to the authors.  Therefore, there are not very many titles at $15,
although even a few that are priced at $15 we are still paying a small
royalty (some of the 4K hacks).  8K+ games are $20 before royalty, although
again, some of the $20 hacks are are paying royalties on.

The most common pricepoint for titles in our store is $20 for a 4K game and
$25 for an 8K/16K/32K game, and this includes royalties.  There are some
exceptions, but generally this is how it works out.  We have not
differentiated between games yet for whether or not a manual is included or
how large the manual may be.  We are taking great pains to create nice
looking label artwork and manuals for each title we add to our store.  All
of our printing for labels and manuals is done in house, so we have some
flexibility there.

Take care,

 ..Al

http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/