[stella] Odd Occurance in Program

Subject: [stella] Odd Occurance in Program
From: "Chris Larkin" <clarkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:49:12 -0800
I'm trying to free up some room in the kernel of my new game... I have placed all of the card data into one big table which makes display easier, because I can just use an offset to the card I want.  However it's not quite working...

The table is 108 bytes.

LDA Cards,X

Should work with X being the offset on the table I want to work with... however when X gets above 50(decimal) the entire kernel crashes right at that point...

Does Absolute,X addressing have a limit to the size of X?  I didn't think it could... anyone have a clue? I'm stuck. I've moved the table around inside the ROM to see if it was crossing a page or something dramatic but nothing...

--Chris