Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors

Subject: Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:05:31 -0800
At 04:01 PM 1/9/2003 -0600, you wrote:
We have been working with Joe Grand to get his cart shells to market, but as
he outlined in a previous post it's an extremely expensive venture.  These

If that's the case, I think maybe you should go with the Patola cases.

really isn't a huge obstacle, except that I have a large stock of boards
that fit into standard Atari cases right now.  :)

Why don't you just use up the existing stock of boards and then switch over to the Patola cases?

The trick is to arrange some sort of liaison with that company so we can place orders. If those prices are for real, then the cases would be cheap enough that AtariAge could even resell them to other homebrewers (who decide to make carts themselves) and they'd still be cheap.

Because of the exchange rate, for just a few hundred dollars you could probably load up with enough cases to supply the classic gaming community for years.

That is, if the prices are for real. I had heard that the effective prices are actually higher than that.