Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors

Subject: Re: [stella] Homebrew cart distributors
From: "Albert Yarusso" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:27:36 -0600
Hi Glenn,

> At 04:01 PM 1/9/2003 -0600, you wrote:
> >We have been working with Joe Grand to get his cart shells to market, but
as
> >he outlined in a previous post it's an extremely expensive venture.
These

> If that's the case, I think maybe you should go with the Patola cases.

It's certainly a possibility, but I would need to get some samples before
comitting to a large order.

> Why don't you just use up the existing stock of boards and then switch
over
> to the Patola cases?

That is probably what I would end up doing.  :)

> The trick is to arrange some sort of liaison with that company so we can
> place orders.  If those prices are for real, then the cases would be cheap
> enough that AtariAge could even resell them to other homebrewers (who
> decide to make carts themselves) and they'd still be cheap.
>
> Because of the exchange rate, for just a few hundred dollars you could
> probably load up with enough cases to supply the classic gaming community
> for years.
>
> That is, if the prices are for real.  I had heard that the effective
prices
> are actually higher than that.

Yes, I entirely agree.  The prices do look reasonable and the exchange rate
is very favorable, but we'll have to see what the real price to get them to
the US will be.  If we do end up importing a large batch of these shells, we
would certainly make them available to other homebrew authors as well as use
them for the games we're selling in our store.  Removing labels and cleaning
carts is a lot of work and I'd much rather be using new cart shells.  :)

 ..Al