Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.04

Subject: Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.04
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:59:02 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Andrew Davie wrote:

> Actually there are two versions - I forgot to mention that the sprite system
> is capable of single-line or double-line resolution... so here we see the

Not sure which I prefer.  I like them both.  The smaller frames might be
useful if you want more room for a background or if you need more processing
time in the kernal?

> be a game with playability.... and I am quite happy with the single-colour
> outline sprites as shown here.

The single color is fine with me too.  But the flicker is horrible on z26.
I'm sure it'll be better on a real machine, but on an emulator I would never
play it.  :(  So I think it's very important to be able to test on real
hardware to see what it really looks like!  :)

> Eckhard mentioned how to adjust my binary for Cuttle-Cart compatibility.
> How many people would actually use a Cuttle-Cart compatible version to test
> on hardware?  I need to know if its worthwhile taking the time to make sure
> the binary is Cuttle-Cart compatible.

I'd use it for the reason stated above.