Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?

Subject: Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?
From: "Chris Larkin" <clarkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:44:24 -0800
Unfortunetly the kernel is very very tight... At least where drawing the
cards is concerned.  In order to make everything line up perfectly I have to
load each byte of graphic data into RAM, including some other data for
missile positions for a much needed extra pixel per scan line... This
completely swallows the kernel whole in the cards area.

However I have tons of room in the top score area, as well as the top and
bottom bomb areas...  If this turns out to be a problem, or I can't get a
good enough resolution from the paddle read, I will keep it at Joysticks.

--Chris