Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.04

Subject: Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.04
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:27:01 -0600
On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 09:34:37AM -0600, Albert Yarusso - AtariAge wrote:
> Quick response here, as I don't have time to test this latest binary yet..
> :)
>
> > Eckhard mentioned how to adjust my binary for Cuttle-Cart compatibility.
> > How many people would actually use a Cuttle-Cart compatible version to
> test
> > on hardware?  I need to know if its worthwhile taking the time to make
> sure
> > the binary is Cuttle-Cart compatible.
>
> I would run binaries on the Cuttle Cart.  Being able to test on the Cuttle
> Cart allows me to very easily try each version you release on a real
> television. The only alternative would be to burn this to an EPROM and test
> it that way.

On the other hand, a homebrew project I would pay REAL MONEY for (unlike
a cart dumper) would be a new release of the Cuttle Cart; my
Supercharger just doesn't cut it for 32K monster carts, somehow.

Even better, of course, would be a redesigned 2600-on-an-FPGA, which
just happened to have a serial interface and plenty of RAM masquerading
as ROM, and enough logic to implement the various bankswitching modes,
so that in addition to my carts, I could play ROMs by easily downloading
them to the box.  Hint, hint.

Adam