Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.05 (CUTTLE)

Subject: Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.05 (CUTTLE)
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:15:15 +0100
Hello Andrew,

> Here's my first attempt at Cuttle-cart compatibility.
> Could I please have a report from any Cuttle-cart owner.... does this run
on
> actual hardware with a Cuttle?

No it won't, because you got the position for the fixed 2K bank wrong.
I guess I was a little unprecise in my description. When I said you
have to make the 4th bank the fixed bank, I was counting from one. You
see, Tigervision only used 3F bankswitching for 8K games, so the last
2K bank in the ROM was used for the fixed bank. When you try to use a
bigger game with this bankswitching format on the Cuttle cart, the CC
still treats it like an 8K game with the extra data tacked to the back
of the file. This is why you have to use "3F- Tigervision 8KB" as the
bankswitching type override in the Cuttle Cart player software.

BTW, I suppose every programmer has a harddisk full of generically named
test programs. So sending out files with more unique names than CUTTLE.BIN
would be nice to help identifying those demo programs that one don't has
to feel guilty about because they never were finished. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg