Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.05 (CUTTLE)

Subject: Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.05 (CUTTLE)
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:51:07 +0100
Hello Andrew,

> Replacement attached.  Trust me to count from 0.
> Name changed as per request :)   So, how does this one go?

I suppose counting is a bit of a weak spot for one of us here. ;-)
The new version starts with "lda #$1e/sta $3f". This would switch
the CC to the 31st (30th when counting from 0 ;-) ) 2K bank. But
in your 32K binary there are only 16 2K banks. Since the CC can
address 64K in this mode, your game is jumping into an empty bank
and therefore crashes. After patching the #$1e to #$0e in the binary
the game came up fine on my Cuttle Cart. On PAL the colours you have
chosen are coming out as grey though. But that is normal.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg