Re: [stella] Emulation suggestion

Subject: Re: [stella] Emulation suggestion
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 07:59:44 +1100
> interleaved frames.  The visual quality would be questionable, but it
> would surely be easier to code and run faster than faking phosphor
> persistence, and for this I think would certainly be less
> headache-inducing than flicker.

I don't think faking phosphor persistance for a single frame is difficult at
all.
Keep your last frame rendered (not drawn) frame in a buffer.

Render your new frame.  Merge with the last rendered frame buffer by adding
10% of that buffer's RGB values and checking for overflow on each RGB
component.  That's the frame you DISPLAY.  Your rendered frame (before the
merge) is then copied to the last rendered frame buffer - or better yet, the
last rendered frame buffer pointer points to the most recent rendered frame.

That soulution would require 2 rendered frame buffers and on actual draw
buffer.
That's all I'm after, and hey, pretty simple.

Cheers