Re: [stella] Stella Emulator and .PRO files

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella Emulator and .PRO files
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:00:08 +0100
Hi Thomas!

>> cyberstella -3F fukung.bin

> Command line switches have been suggested to the
> Stella developers for version 1.2 already (and not
> only by me). Maybe you should just repeat that
> suggestion. :-)

Hehe... are you per chance somehow related to the guy
listed as Stella developer called Thomas Jentzsch?

If so: Hey, I want Command line switches in Cyberstella
too! <eg>

Now - serious. Uhm... some ultra-minimal commandline
stuff was already available in Windows Stella1.1.3a and
when I ported the whole thing from Dialog based to the
SDI Application it is now, I didn't bother to reinstall
that mechanism. I never thought this might be of any
use, since Cyberstella has this nice and fancy browsing
listcontrol and for all homebrew developing purposes I
use Z26 myself... :rolleyes:

Actually in more than a year Andrew now is the first to
complain about the missing commandline jumpstart of
games...

Well, I just got back to work on Cyberstella after
almost a year long pause and unfortunately I can't offer
a quick solution here. I've to catch up with the
revamped 1.3 core sound code first, I don't even get the
windows version to compile at the moment...

BTW: Might sound silly, but I'd really wish that either
the Stella team would quit the project and would start
to work and support the Z26 development or the other way
round. If then the PCAE guy would let this Delphi thing
die as well and would join the team of the only
surviving emulator, I'd be the happiest guy on planet
Atari.

It's such a waste of talent to have three independent
VCS emulators of that high quality. Just thinking about
this giant amount of totally redundant work bothers me.

Just imagine "what if" John and Eckhard would've worked
all their current Z26 knowledge into the Stella core,
rather than spending a years time porting Z26 to
Win32...

Greetings,
	Manuel