Re: [stella] Stella Emulator and .PRO files

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella Emulator and .PRO files
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:38:47 +1100
> If Cyberstella had come with a manual, I'd now say RTFM. But
> since it didn't, I'll just politely suggest that you get the
> Stella manual for one of the other versions and have a look
> at the section about the STELLA.PRO format. ;-)

It does, and I did.  The advertised "Cartridge.Filename" does not work.
It's only when I include the .MD5 that Stella will successfully run my
binary.

> If z26 is doing what you want, why are you trying to switch to Stella
> then? If you tell us what you like better about it, we might be able
> to borrow those ideas for the Windows version of z26. Command line
> parameters still work nicely in it. In fact that's the only UI we have
> so far. ;-)

Stella flickers considerably less due to its higher frame-rate.  That alone
is incentive for me to consider switching.  I'm quite surprised it has a
higher frame rate - but it does - more than twice as fast, I'd say.  Mind
you, if Z26 supported the blended frames I suggested a few days ago... I'd
probably stick with it :)  PS: OS is XP.

Cheers